The final paper for this course can be, like the two short papers assigned, about any particular aspect of class materials, lectures, discussions, films, and readings. I am alway happy to talk with you about possible topics if you’re having a hard time coming up with one on your own.

A solid rough draft of the final paper is due on Thursday, December 3rd. You will share this draft with me and a few other students in class, and will get comments and suggestions from all of us. The final version is due to me (by email) by 5pm on Monday, December 21st.

With your final paper, you need to submit a two page reflection essay. (These two pages are in addition to the eight to ten pages you must write in the paper.) In this essay, I’d like you to reflect on the process of coming up with this paper topic, figuring out the tone, and the writing process. What worked? What was hard? What surprised you? How do you approach this assignment? How did your thinking change over the course of writing the paper?