How to Participate

In this course, there are two ways you can participate:

1) you can join the weekly meeting live on zoom (synchronously) with your camera on, participate in the conversation, share your thoughts, and ask questions, or

2) you can watch the recording of the weekly meeting (asynchronously) and share your thoughts and reactions via a detailed worksheet. Recordings of our class sessions will be uploaded to Canvas / Media Gallery and the worksheet will be available on Canvas / Quizzes (even though they are not quizzes) and is due by midnight on Friday of the same week. Please note that sometimes Canvas has a delay but I expect the recording will be available by 6pm the day of class.

You are welcome to participate through either method, synchronously or asynchronously, and do not need to tell me or ask permission. You are welcome to flip between the two methods, depending on the week. If you miss class, please watch the recording and complete the worksheet by the deadline. If you are sick and unable to meet this deadline, please email me as soon as possible.

I ask students participating asynchronously to complete the worksheet by Friday each week so that no one falls too far behind the ongoing discussions.